Pressure washing your home and driveway can be a great way to freshen up the exterior of your property and remove dirt and grime. However, if not done properly, it can also cause significant damage. Many homeowners make the mistake of thinking that pressure washing is a simple task that can be easily done by themselves, but this is not always the case. In this blog, we will discuss the top five mistakes that homeowners make when pressure washing their own homes and driveways, and why it’s important to hire a professional power washer instead.
- Using the wrong nozzle: Pressure washers come with different nozzle attachments that are designed for specific surfaces. Using the wrong nozzle can cause damage to your home’s siding or driveway.
- Holding the nozzle too close: Holding the nozzle too close to the surface can cause damage to the material, as well as create deep etches and grooves.
- Using too high of a pressure: High pressure can cause damage to delicate surfaces, such as wood or painted surfaces. It can also remove the paint or finish on your home or driveway.
- Using harsh chemicals: Certain chemicals can be too harsh for certain surfaces and can cause damage or discoloration. It is important to use the right chemicals for the job and to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Not properly protecting surrounding areas: Pressure washing can cause water to get everywhere, including electrical outlets, windows and doors. Not properly protecting surrounding areas can cause damage to these areas.
By hiring a professional power washer, you can avoid these common mistakes and ensure that your home and driveway are cleaned properly without causing damage. A professional will have the right equipment and know-how to get the job done safely and efficiently.